At the end of the assessment the assessor will provide your home’s star rating and you can view your Scorecard certificate.
The certificate will also be sent to you later, after quality checks have been completed.
- shows your home’s star rating out of 10
- shows where your energy is being used
- rates the efficiency of various elements of your home, such as the building itself and major appliances
- rates the performance of your home in hot and cold weather
- provides practical options to improve your home’s energy efficiency.
The star rating is independent of household habits - it doesn't take into account whether you leave the lights on, for example – but you can talk to your assessor about other things you can do to reduce your energy use.